Re: [LUG] howto setup link from palm to gnome-pilot?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:13:32 +0100, Neil Williams
<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday 14 June 2004 6:04, dave morgan wrote:
As part of my on-going attempt to transfer all my app's from my
(dying) windows98 box to linux[1], I am attempting to connect up my
Sony Clie (Palm OS5), but it looks like the /dev/cradle link needs

[snip]

Make sure you've got USB working - you may need these (as root):
# modprobe usb-storage
# modprobe visor

bingo :-) - forgot to enable visor or usb printer support when I last
configured kernel 2 weeks before the laptop started going flaky!
will try recompile/reboot tomorrow night.

This should appear in dmesg, somewhere:
visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor, Palm m50x, Treo, Sony Clié driver v1.7

Use dmesg | grep visor

[snip]

Try installing a recent wine snapshot using apt and then install the
FineReader program.

http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Epson&model=3170&bus=usb

Your scanner does appear to be unsupported still. Sadly.
Perhaps a new scanner is a better buy than a new / replacement box?

no point trying this if I can't scan, have a wild plan to try running
the driver install program that came with the scanner under wine, but
will leave this a week until I sort out other more important stuff
(like two perl scripts that need tk804 to work)

thanks for the suggestions so far

Dave
(who has been VERY impressed how well this Debian box has run. 4 weeks
24/7 uptime so far with no problems!)
--
http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net