[LUG] Hostname woes

Hi All,

I'm setting up NFS between my laptop (geri) and desktop (natalie).
However, I can only get it to work with the IP addresses, which is a
right pain because the network uses DHCP off my Bb router.

At the moment I have (for example) an NFS mount point on natalie of
/home/julian, so the files are set up as:

/etc/exports
/home/julian *(rw)

and on geri the /etc/fstab has:
192.168.1.2:/home/julian /home/jules/nfs/desktop

This worked yesterday, in fact both machines were talking to each other
and sharing files.  However because it's using DHCP it won't work today
after a reset, so I am trying to setup the hostnames.

on natalie the /etc/hosts file has:

127.0.0.1       natalie.tartarus        localhost.localdomain
localhost       natalie

(all on one line)

the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 has:

DHCP_HOSTNAME="natalie.tartarus"

But the hostname does not survive a reboot.  I try pinging natalie or
geri and get unknown host.

Any ideas gratefully received :)

Kind regards,

Julian