Re: [LUG] Virus checking linux server

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 11:12:34AM +0100, Tony Atkin wrote:
I am not skilled with Linux server installation and my colleague is new to
Linux.  Could anyone suggest what advice I might offer him?

SuSE 9.1 Pro comes with a number of options that you can install. Since
it's not going to be a problem (the box will be running Apache and PHP
only, no mail server/MTA, right?) he could just install the Antivir
package so he can demonstrate to your boss that an antivirus program is
installed - he needn't actually *do* anything with it... :-^

If he wants to run any type of mail service, I'd recommend also
installing amavisd-new and spamassassin. Let us know what the exact
requirements are and we can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
T.

--
It will be the god of music who will breathe madness into our
brains... --Virginia Woolf