[LUG] Distrib ution

Solvius wrote:
Mandrake seems the best as far as recomendations go,

I have found very few problems using Mandrake 9.00 and 9.2 The Linux Format of May 2004 had coverdiscs 3off. plus some good tips on install. There was a DVD version as well.

If you cannot get a back copy (unlikely) you could ask David Johnaon very nicely and he will do some CDs for you for very little money - you could also go to:-

http://www.maxtux.co.uk/

who have a commercial service for CDs .

My own twopennyworth for what it is worth (probably about 2p as I am still a newbie in more senses than one)is forget dual boot with your old windows os. Go for a clean install - Its easier in the long run.

HTH Phil from Frome - Silver Surfer - still without working Linux app for NetWaiting. :-((