Re: [LUG] How to set up wi-fi card?

So, presuming that the device is working correctly (which the system
logs suggests), what magic commands to I type in order to get it to talk
to the Access Point?  I think the AP is acting as a DHCP server, and I
know the channel and ESSID.

iwconfig is what you are looking for, try it on its own and it should show
current channel any associated access points etc and with options you can set
channel, various ids wep etc.

once working you can combine all the iwconfig and ifconfig stuff
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 etc...

Robin