Re: [LUG] using the spare pair in telephone cable for Ethernet

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:05:21PM +0100, Peter Walker wrote:
Check out HomePNA. That should do what you want. I've never used it so I
can't say whether it is any good or not.

I use HomePNA here in my flat in Helsinki. It's shares a 2mbit
connection amongst several tenants. Maximum speed is 1mbit, but it's ok
for me. If you don't mind low speed then HomePNA is plug and play and
just works. Buy the external ethernet adaptor and never buy a PCI card
or something.

I have not seen much of the hardware on sale in England. It's quite easy
to find here, but I guess there is a more soviet style blocks. :)

But HomePNA is not as versatile or fun as wireless. I would only use in
appartment blocks. Therefore I would just buy 2 wireless routers in your
case.

http://dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/networking/productView.htm?quicklinx=2CM7