Re: [LUG] Computer shops and Linux

Neil Williams wrote:

Mandrake used to do this too - Simon, do you still have the contacts that led
to all those freebie Mandrake 7.2 CD's (download edition) that you were
handing out like smarties a few years back? I don't think we'll get far with
the ones you've still got hanging around (!) but some nice Mandrake10 ones
would be nice.

They were through the national Linux day event.

The contact was the admin for Dorset LUG I believe (no not Farmer Tux).

What about Fedora? (Core2?) Neil (S) - with your RH contacts?
(I saw you at the RH stand at Expo! Training was it?)

All this and sponsoring penguin exhibits... STT has been busy.

Linux is all about choice

Personally I think we should focus on distro's that have only free
software, and maybe aren't as readily available, or have something unique.

Debian is one, whether itself or through live CD's.

FreeDUC is an example - that is the liveCD with eduational software on I
was giving away since the Mandrake CD's - indeed since the Mandrake 8 CD's.

Most of the commercial distro's are readily available in shops, or on
magazine covers anyway.

Anyone experience building their own LiveCD's on this list yet? Says
Simon having just been to morphix.org...

As regards a meeting, how does the end of June sound?

Good to me.

(I can't do anything before 16th June.)

Anything ? ;-)

Mark, anything possible at St. Peter's between 28th June and say 17th July?

There are other venues - not that I'm adverse to St Peter's becoming our
most regular venue given it is only ten minutes away from here. But I
don't want to impose, and we definitely shouldn't assume (anyone who has
seen Mark E. at work will know what I mean).