Re: [LUG] SuSE 9.1 Personal

On Thursday 06 May 2004 13:55, Keith Abraham wrote:

My VERY FIRST impressions of SuSE 9.1 Personal (received yesterday).

I have been using SuSE since v6.1 and had my doubts about "Enterprise" and the
immediate future when it was announced that Novell had bought it up.
Although I still have SuSE v9.0 on my laptop I am considering replacing it
with Debian (Libranet) and have have now settled for Mandrake v10 on my main
box.  The only trouble with Libranet is that the latest distro is dated and
multiple "apt-get 40Mb+" downloads aren't feasable with a 56k modem on my
pension!  At least Mandrake attempt to make British versions default as
"British/English" unlike most.

I don't doubt that SuSE will become more and more "sUSe" as time goes by, have
lots of big US$ thrown at it, and cease to be the excellent distro it once
was.  I shall miss the good quality cartons and manuals.

David Bell
Hatherleigh, Devon