Re: [LUG] Test After Mail Return

Terence McCarthy wrote:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:23:24 +0100 "Charlie"
<charlie.cherry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

looks like your IP has been blacklisted, if you have a dynamic IP
address then disconnect and reconnect, then all should be well. IF
you have a static IP the you will need to conntact spamhaus.org to
get your name IP removed from a spam list the someone has reported
you for

<list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: host pi.a-squared.co.uk[212.67.197.71] said:
550

rejected

because 212.104.129.88 is in a black list at sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
(in

reply

to RCPT TO command)

Thanks,Charlie, but that is not my IP, and I was replying to a
message on this list. I suppose(from the fact that my previous mail,
to which you replied got through) that the problem is with the
original post.

Oh, well, I'll wait and see if it happens again.

dig -x 212.104.129.88 +short
mra03.ex.eclipse.net.uk.

Hmm looks like an Eclipse mail relay got itself listed at a guess.

Seems to be out now.

I'm not overkeen on using such lists, but I guess we are guests at
a-squared, and they may need to protect their email servers this way.
There are a lot of compromised boxes out there sending spam, or trying to.