Re: [LUG] Tape Backups

hmmm maybe it is about time I started to backup my dissetration...
couple of CD's maybe a DVD if you've got a burner.

But verify them using MD5 sums once they're burnt, CD's love to either
burn with defects and seem working until you start reading the whole
disc off, or fail over time. So it's a good idea to make sure that it's
atleast an 100% backup to start with ;).

I always backup important stuff to multiple discs and if it's small
enough multiple times on the same disc. Then I have them locked away in
a vault under the sea that only my trained dolphins can find...

Daniel