Re: [LUG] backup MX

Dave Trudgian wrote:

Well.... looking at my logs I know people aren't getting bounces from my
backup mail server at present, and I know that I am writing a router and
transport config at the moment so there won't be bounces from backup MX for
addresses turned down by the primary.

But we need such bounces for when people mistype addresses, and your
primary mail server is down or unreachable.

The RFCs exist for a reason ;)

Been pondering what "nearest neighbours" are - but the big question for
spam filtering is can you reasonably expect spam to look different from
genuine email.

The problem I have is huge spam volumes, some of which is very simiar to
genuine email, thus the majority of what the Bayesian and similar
filters let through is still spam.