Re: [LUG] Promoting GNU/Linux through computer shop

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:27:15 +0300
Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have first hand experience of recovering old hardware into a setup for
a parent's friend. The amount of time I had to spend configuring and
working out the slow legacy cranky old hardware was frankly
unbelievable.

I have some old (5.something) SusE disks somewhere- they'll work on an abacus!

I've installed Linux on an old IBM 66 DX machine with 2 meg as a firewall/server.

(See recent UserFriendly cartoon strips!)

Terence