Re: [LUG] Promoting GNU/Linux through computer shop

On Friday 02 April 2004 13:27, Kai Hendry wrote:
On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:11:04AM +0100, David Bell wrote:
Budget? - Nil.
Value? - Priceless.
"Feelgood" Factor - Enduring :-)

I have first hand experience of recovering old hardware into a setup for
a parent's friend. The amount of time I had to spend configuring and
working out the slow legacy cranky old hardware was frankly
unbelievable.

Don't repeat my mistake.

I know a guy who has spent probably hundreds of hours trying to time and tune
his car, there is sod all wrong with the car, he is merely totally
incompetent, but according to him 2 litre fords are a piece of crap.