Re: [LUG] KDE upgrade on SuSE

Thanks David
   Just been over to the Ximian site. After a quick look
   Red Carpet looks very interesting.

   And I'll look into Libranet later as it's the wife's birthday
   today and time will be short for me.

Keith

Edos wrote:

On Saturday 27 March 2004 1:18 am, Keith Abraham wrote:

Incidently I would have changed to Debian some time ago but the initial
installation always frightened me off.

I have installed Libranet which is Debian based. Version 2.1.8 was as easy as SuSe to install. However, have you tried Xmian's "Red Carpet" to install updates for Suse? I last used it on v8.2 and it was excellent. Apt may be wonderful - but only having a 56k connection makes life difficult.

--
A Linux System
SuSE 8.2 on ECS KS5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, 20GB Maxtor HD