Re: [LUG] KDE upgrade on SuSE

I've heard that Yast2 can upgrade KDE if the source of installation is
changed to:-

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_8.2/yast-source

but I've never been able to get past the ftp username/password stage.
Has anyone in the LUG managed it this way?

I've also seen some good reports from users of apt4rpm but I've never tried it
to upgrade KDE. Again has anyone in the DCLUG used it to upgrade KDE?

Upgrading KDE has been a difficult issue for a long time and solutions have
come and gone ie KDE-install and kconstruct. It really is time the major
distros (saving Debian) solved the problem.
Incidently I would have changed to Debian some time ago but the initial
installation always frightened me off.

Keith

--
A Linux System
SuSE 8.2 on ECS KS5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, 20GB Maxtor HD