Re: [LUG] rescue distros

On Monday 22 Mar 2004 21:19, Paul wrote:
I am currnently downloading slackware 9.1 as it giving me a chance to test
the download manager with mozilla and 98.

My next purchase may be a dvd writer, in the meantime what rescue distro do
users favour,  i have a copy of the latest issue of linux user and
developer which has a review of some.  So i may try and download a few, but
would like to perhaps have a few ideas first. .

My FSF membership card is also a LNX-BBC disc. It seems to support all the
popular file systems (which is one of the main problems I have when trying to
rescue a system using JFS and/or XFS) and has saved my computer more than
once!

Quick and easy to boot. I also have a major hardware strangeness on my laptop
which stops all distros (except for Mandrake) from booting and also affects
most rescue discs, but not LNX-BBC!

It even comes with BitTorrent clients!!!

--
David Johnson
http://www.david-web.co.uk/