[LUG] rescue distros

I am currnently downloading slackware 9.1 as it giving me a chance to test the download manager with mozilla and 98.

My next purchase may be a dvd writer, in the meantime what rescue distro do users favour,  i have a copy of the latest issue of linux user and developer which has a review of some.  So i may try and download a few, but would like to perhaps have a few ideas first. .

svp communications in Paignton have some 8cm cdr so i may also get some of those and burn a few rescue cd's.   If anyone is interested let me know, can't promise anything yet, but it's a possibility for later.

currently using mozilla in windows, as I am still trying to get debian installed (will go back to this),  anyway once installed i should be able to burn cd's again as my cd writer is currently in the server, and thats slower, once i have a disto on this computer i can perhaps use scp to transfer a few iso files over the network and burn to cd. (a bit long winded i know but the server cdr set up works atm so i am not about to break it).

It looks like openoffice.org 1.1.1 is imminent currently in rc3,  so that will be available as and when, smaller size so should be ok to download on the server.

Paul

Lynx friendly