Re: [LUG] Mail Software

David Pithouse wrote:

Any recommendations for such email programs, features I need are

* Multiple account support
* Junk Filtering
* HTML Viewing
* Rules for delivered Messages
* Folders for Messages

I'm with Neil S on this one Mozilla is what I use by choice. and whilst
it isn't perfect it is richly featured and solid.

Some of the others are a tad smarter at handling things like multiple
accounts so if this is a big thing for you (some people want a different
account for every folder) try something else.

Similarly it is pretty easy to move junk mail controls out of the email
program if needed. Mozilla has them by default in recent versions, but I
wouldn't ignore a program that didn't - more than one way to skin a cat.

Most programs have better "Rules" features than you'll be use to.

I've found Mozilla can do pretty much everything I've ever asked of a
mail client, for some advanced stuff Kmail doesn't hack, and Pine
requires me to write half of the functionality myself.

There are plenty of other email clients I haven't tried, but Mozilla is
a monster (resource hungry, feature rich, idiosyncratic in places) of a
program that does nearly everything you'll want from a mail client, if
not always the most intuitive configuration.