Re: [LUG] Long shot...

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

I'm still trying to get a DVD to stream over my network, everything I've tried has so far been unsuccessful :-(

Matt very helpfully pointed out that xine has a little script for streaming Audio CDs and DVDs over TCP. I've managed to succesfully compile the "cdda_server", and it seems to run okay without any errors:

server:~/xine-lib-1-rc3a/misc# ./cdda_server /dev/dvd 3002
CDDA / DVD tcp server v0.1
Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
listening on port 3002...

I've also successfully patched libdvdcss (albeit version 1.2.8 instead of 1.2.6 as the instructions state). However, when I try to get xine to read the DVD, it says:

jon@xxxxxx:~$ xine dvd://server:3002/

Shouln't it be

xine cdda://server:3002/

Cheers,