[LUG] [Fwd: Linux Solution Providers]

The author request I forward this on.

o credibility (1): our competitors are often Microsoft Solution
Providers; we can counter that we are Linux Solution Providers

o credibility (2): no longer are you a one/two/three man company, but a
company affiliated to a network of XXX Linux Solution Providers

o mutual help: maybe you land a project which is larger than you feel
comfortable working on alone, and you want to find a partner to join you
for that project. Maybe you are a one-man band going on holiday, and
again want to find a partner to cover your customers while you're away.
Maybe you're lucky enough to be swamped with work, and just need someone
to help you out.

o marketing: how about a simple website which informs small businesses
of the advantages of Linux, and allows them to type in their postcode
and find the there nearest Linux Solution Providers?

There's lots more potential as well, which can be discussed. At the
moment this is a new mailing list: we're starting from scratch. My
request to you is to join it, and participate to see if we can form a
community of Linux Solution Providers. Linux has some tremendous
advantages, particularly as a server platform for smaller businesses,
but we are competing with Microsoft in many cases. Nothing wrong with
that, of course, but we can either fight every battle as individuals, or
we can present a unified, co-ordinated effort. Worth a shot?

To sign up, visit
http://www.linuxsolutionproviders.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/lsp-discussion

Best regards,
Keith Edmunds