Re: [LUG] Anti Aliasing+SuSe 9

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 23:35, Neil Williams wrote:
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:33:26PM +0000, dbatho wrote:
I have installed a Samsung 17" TFT monitor.  And enabled anti aliasing
but the font still seem to be fuzzy or out of focus. Windows XP seems
fine after installing WEFT, and enabling the NVIDIA anti aliasing

I've had this problem with ALL SUSE installations on both my laptop and
desktop TFT panels. No amount of fiddling / config has fixed it and I've
had to abandon every SUSE install because of constant headaches. Sorry,
I haven't got any good news and I have tried to fix it every way I know
how. Suse just does NOT like my TFT's. I have no idea where the problem
lies and I have never had any problems like this with any of the dozen
or more distros installed on the two boxes affected. I no longer have
Suse installed on any system.

Thanks for the warning. I was going to install SUSE on my laptop because
it looked so nice on my other box (CRT display).

I've been playing around with some graphics programs this week.
Sodipodi vector drawing program (http://www.sodipodi.com/) and Blender,
a 3D modelling and animation package (http://www.blender3d.org/).
Sodipodi has a very easy to use freehand drawing tool which smooths the
lines as you draw (brilliant for people, like me, who are normally
terrible at drawing with the mouse). I found Blender more difficult to
control, partially because I'm still not used to a 3 buttoned mouse (I
guess I just need some practise)