Re: [LUG] Play DVD over network

On Wednesday 10 Mar 2004 08:49, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
I've been trying to get a DVD movie to play over my network using vlc
with no success.  It seems to be reading the DVD but I can't get the
client to pick up the stream :-(

I tried exporting the DVD drive over NFS, but (as I expected) it didn't
work.  I presume that is because DVD-player programs require block-level
access?

On this basis, I suppose one alternative would be to use nbdd to export
the block device over the network.  Would this work?  Does anybody
happen to know if it supports authentication?  My Googling has been
largely fruitless :-(

Cheers,

Jon

Jon
I've seen mention of doing it with xine (so to speak).
Try following the links given here
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

I haven't tried this myself you understand.
Best of luck

Matt