[LUG] thin client setup at school

RE

http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/index.html?http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/news_thinclient.html

anyone heard anything else RE this setup - what distro are theyt using - and
is it LTSP?

thanks,

kev bailey

On Saturday 06 March 2004 12:30 am, David Bell wrote:
At long last I've collected the components for a firewall box.

<snip from Neil Stone>

My go, my go...
Want a smoothwall CD ?? I can send you one if you like !! anyway..

Thanks Neil, as you were first to reply (at 2mb Satelite?) I'll accept your
kind offer.  Happy to pay for the disk & postage.  Snail address coming to
you off list.

<Snip from Mike>

And the problem with IPCop is?

Dunno Mike.  LXF 51 gave it a half hearted (and IMHO inaccurate re. "out of
date") write-up in the Firewalls Roundup.

<Snip from Neil W.>

I have a range of firewall distros on DVD, including Smoothwall and IpCop
and I'm only in Plymouth. If you want copies on CDR, let me know
off-list. I can drop them in if you like (work takes me all over Devon).

Many thanks Neil.  I'll stick with the offer of Smoothwall from yon other
Neil.  However, as you may be passing along the A386 in your travels, I'll
let you have my location off list and an invitation to drop in for a chat
and refreshment.

From your responses  - methinks this is what LUGs are all about :~)

David Bell
Hatherleigh, Devon

"You can bring Perl, she's a damn nice girl; but don't bring LILO ...."