Re: [LUG] Meeting

Hope I can make it on Thu, driving lesson at 6pm and dissertation in next
day; it's gonna be tight.

I can see a lack of monitors/keyboards being a problem. Will there be
enough keyboards/monitors/whatever to go round?

There's something you can use that allows you to use 2 monitors, 2 mice
and 2 keybowards in X, but I can't remember the name of it. I thought it
was called synergy but that doesn't seem quite right.

Basically you use a PCI graphics card (£1/3 from Plym Computer Warehouse
shop allows dual monitor xinerama setup), a USB keyboard and a usb mouse.
Maybe we might be able to use something like that? Do we need to? I'll be
travelling by train and I don't have a laptop so it's hard for me to
bring anything. I don't want to be stuck without anything to do or type
on. Most I can really carry is a rucksack full.

I take it someone's bringing a hub, if we need one?

---less important---

Anyone interested in:

- using linux, and Gentoo without an internet connection via sneakernet
- 2.6.1 kernel
- BSD
- usermodeLinux (though I need help with networking myself)
- bochs (seems to work for me but slow)
- Termisoc
- music / jackd
- Gentoo
- wine + Word,Excel,Dreamweaver,ie,Photoshop via Crossover, MedalOfHon via
WineX

then let me know; these are the things I've been messing with lately.

cheers