Re: [LUG] Termisoc

frank black wrote:

Termisoc has basically been dead for 3 or 4 years. Got to the point where
it looked like it was going to stop completely. The servers are being
upgraded this weekend. Personally I#m not sure if I can be bothered with
it any more; the connection is totally firewalled, can't even get to
freenode for help. But we're gonna try to at least leave next year's
students with something.

It's a stupid state of affairs. Many are too vain for it all and see
Termisoc as social suicide. Twatty students.

Unfortunately we've got a president who tends to hold things back;
doesn't do anything i.e. tells us to install RedHat and then doesn't turn
up to help us. We may blank it and stick FreeBSD on it.

Termisoc.org should be back up on Tue. But hopefully the whole thing'll
fall over so something decent has the chance to take it's place.

Having said all this, thing might turn out alright in the end I suppose.

Andrew Rogers said:

I've seen termisoc mentioned a few times on this list so I searched in
google. I know that it's something to do with the University of
Plymouth, there are also many connections to the DCLUG. Unfortunately
all the webpage links seem to be dead.

The link from the DCLUG webpage

http://www.termisoc.org

is also dead.

As I work at the University of Plymouth I am very curious and want to
find out more.

Thanks
Andrew

Many thanks.

http://www.termisoc.org

is back online!

I took a quick look, their events usually happen in the evening

http://www.termisoc.org/events/events.php

which is unfortunate for those that don't live in Plymouth such as myself, but probably ideal for the students it targets.

Would putting some posters up around the campus improve things for Termisoc?

Regards
Andrew