Re: [LUG] AWK multipass

On Monday 02 Feb 2004 1:22 am, Andrew Rogers wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
http://search.cpan.org/~rkobes/Math-Cephes-0.41/lib/Math/Cephes.pod
http://search.cpan.org/~dslewart/Math-Libm-1.00/Libm.pm

There always seems to be a Perl module for the job.

I tried the Libm module above but got the following error:

Can't locate auto/Math/Libm/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/AutoLoader.pm line 146.
 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Math/Libm.pm line 10

As a Perl beginner I have no clue how to deal with the above so I found

It's a dependency, but being an .ix file I'm not sure if this isn't some kind
of toolkit (binary), rather than Perl. CPAN normally sorts out dependencies
involving other Perl modules. You'd have to check with the documentation on
the Cephes site.

another module at

http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/perl/modules/lib/Math/SpecFun/Erf.pm

which worked.

The other one may provide more bells and whistles once the .ix is located but
there's no point spending time on that if there another module that works
'out-of-the-box'.

The info is at the bottom of the CPAN page for Cephes:
The C code for the Cephes Math Library is Copyright 1984, 1987, 1989, 2002 by
Stephen L. Moshier, and is available at http://www.netlib.org/cephes/. Direct
inquiries to 30 Frost Street, Cambridge, MA 02140.
The netlib site doesn't appear to make restrictions on the use of the code but
there's no actual licence either.

The first module you tried is an interface to a binary library that does the
work, hence it won't work without the binary. The module you are now using
uses standard calls and/or 'mainstream' libraries.

--

Neil Williams