Re: Meeting in Exeter --- was Re: Recycling, was Re: [LUG] Plymouth Uni, Sun's

Meeting

A meeting in exeter sounds like a good idea,

Monitors,  yeah could do with a few here, i got 3 computers (well one on the
way to make 3) and one laptop,  however one is spoken for.  I got lots of
spare bits too, vesa boards, isa boards or various descriptions.  I really
need to have a clearout, but don;t want to skip them,

On the subject of  recycling, South Devon College are to move to the old
Nortel site at some point, so it may be worth asking if they are going to
skip lots of computer equipment if they could possibly donate it to us,  I
guess if it's not going to cost them anything for us to take it out of their
hands they may be happy, and especailly if it will go to a good cause.  Does
anyone have a van or similar large space vehicle that could be used.

http://www.southdevon.ac.uk/

Perhaps someone who is good at writing letters of request could contact
them,  and ask on behalf of the group?  Not trying to get out of doing this
myself, but I really feel that there are other members who are better at
this than I am.

If anyone wants another copy of Suse 7.1 I have one here, I also have 7.2
professional and Suse 8.1 professional. All boxed, Along with cd's of older
distros, I got a 48 cd holder full of em,   Perhaps I can bring to an Exeter
meet if someone can give me a lift from Paignton.  I should have a copy of
suse 8.2 around somewhere too, probably copied.

Paul

---