Re: [LUG] command line up2date

If I sound bitter, I've been compiling the latest version of sendmail
from source all afternoon - all done now - but does anyone know how I
was suppose to link in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.so ?

sh Build -c -I/usr/local/B..../include/ -L/usr/local/B.../lib/

Got it to link, but at run time it barfed about not being able to get
the db-4.2 shared library, and sure enough ldd agreed.

Does the dynamic linker know about  /usr/local/BerkeleyDB4.2/lib/?
You need an entry in /etc/ld.conf to point at that dir and to run ldconfig to
update the cache.

Robin