Re: [LUG] Watching DVD's

On Tuesday 13 Jan 2004 8:15 pm, george_sinclair@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi there - can someone please point me to where I can get the complete
explanation (ie step by step instructions) of how I can watch my DVD's on
my SuSe 8.2 hp 4150 laptop. I believe that I need to install some
additional libraries to the default Xine player.

I gave up getting Xine to play nicely on Debian and went for Ogle. Quick,
easy, simple and just works - no fuss but no extras.

I've also just found an XMMS plugin that uses Ogle as a backend.
XMMS Plugin for Ogle DVD Player is an XMMS plugin, which allows it to play
DVDs, using Ogle DVD Player as a backend.
http://freshmeat.net/releases/146868/

Ogle itself is also on freshmeat:
http://freshmeat.net/releases/141292/
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~dvd/

It also has a very interesting recommended dependency that it can install at a
simple prompt.
;-)

comment from a freshmeat user:
This is easily the best DVD player software I've used (it works for a start,
something xine never seems to do).

--

Neil Williams