Re: [LUG] Flossie - Education conference

James Wonnacott wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, what (or who) is Flossie.
I work in education (systems manger at Callington Community College) Is
this something I would benefit from?

More details on the conference are available here:
http://www.schoolforge.org.uk/flossie/conference200402.html

I think you probably would benefit.

Sounds like there will be some MP's and professors attending.

However that aside, I find the case studies people go through very
useful at the grass roots level as there are always software packages or
ways of working you would have found or thought of if you weren't so busy.

As Mark says part of the issue is that those in Education who think free
software is beneficial need to push the idea up the management chain so
their bosses know at least vaguely what they want to spend money on.
This is probably a good 'jolly' to drag senior people to, although one
day in London from here isn't very 'jolly' usually.

(Free Libre Open Source Software in Education)