Re: [LUG] Kernel Sources

uname -a
gives "Linux linux 2.4.20-4GB-athlon..."
whereas looking in /usr/src/ I find linux-2.4.20.SuSE.
Yet again YAST2 reports that I have 2.4.20-102 kernel
and sources installed.

The same sources can be used to build kernels for all the different
hardware linux supports. The "linux 2.4.20" part is indeed the source
version, but the "-4GB-athlon" appendage is simply a title that suse has
choosen to add to the kernel version to identify what configuration was
used to build that kernel.

Running $make oldconfig; inside the kernel's source directory will
hopefully configure the sources to build a kernel like the one running.