Re: [LUG] Konqueror, CSS and validation

On Monday 05 January 2004 13:51, Neil Williams wrote:
On Monday 05 Jan 2004 1:10 pm, Tony Atkin wrote:
I started designing a css-based web site.  There were far too many css
rendering issues with Konqueror and the mozilla rendering engine is the

Fixed in KDE 3.1 - Konqueror is much better now.

best there is for css web sites. - if anyone on the list would like to
criticise the result it's at http://www.marjon.ac.uk/cornish-history/

Well, I guess I'll have to upgrade my KMail then.  In my
current version, the http: link is detected as a link, but
clicking on it downloads the file to a tmp folder and then
opens it with Mozilla from there, which means any style
sheets and graphics don't load.

Highlighting and selecting "open with Mozilla" will
open Mozilla, but will for some reason add stuff around
the url so it doesn't work:

openURL(http://www.marjon.ac.uk/cornish-history/, new-window)

On the other hand it works fine if I highlight and select
'Open with Konqueror'.

My current Konqueror version is 3.0.3.

I can't resist.
1. The link works fine from KMail, as does:
www.codehelp.co.uk