Re: [LUG] Introduction

On Monday 05 Jan 2004 12:42 pm, Anton Channing wrote:
On Sunday 04 January 2004 13:35, Simon Waters wrote:
Anton Channing wrote:

I'm currently on version KMail 1.4.3.
Will have to check to see if any upgrades are available.  I have

There should be. KDE 1.5 was in Mandrake 9.1 and is also now in Debian
unstable. Part of KDE 3.1 KMail 1.5 is a lot better than 1.4

Last ftp I did, I did with KDE3 and Konqueror, I clicked a link that
opened up the ftp site as a window, and just lasso'ed the files I wanted
and dragged and dropped. I know very GUI based, but the windows were
already open.

Actually that sounds handy.  Is it possible to set up such a link
with ftp username and password built in (to put on an page that
never goes live obviously)?   The only protocols I've used from
html links are http, https and mailto.

Konqueror won't have a password manager until KDE 3.2 but you can bookmark the
ftp:// site and it'll raise a authentication dialog.

Do you?  I find that some sites just don't load in Konqueror, whereas they

Old version of Konqueror? Which sites? Konqueror is better than Mozilla for
fully standard compliant sites. Mind you, a lot of that is down to the
resources needed for Mozilla - I haven't played with Firebird yet. I used to
use Galeon a lot but Konqueror is just so much easier - as Simon said,
there's always a Konqueror window open. A bit like why IE is more popular
than Netscape on windoze - it's always there.

do in Mozilla.  Of course, I may not be on latest versions.  In fact, I
strongly suspect I've made quite a mess of the way things are set up in
Linux.

:-))

Do what I did. Buy a 60Gb second hard drive and keep installing different
versions until you can build a crib sheet!

--

Neil Williams