Re: [LUG] haiku virus?

Simon Robert wrote:
This is off subject, so apologies in advance. Has anyone been seeing
spam messages which are three or four lines of nonsense? Not trad spam
in that it doesn't include a virus attachment or an invitation to
enlarge parts of ones anatomy - just the words and nothing else.

We get shed loads of them at work, and they do seem to confuse the
Bayesian filters we use there.

Usually we see an HTML attachment, are you sure your mail client isn't
just hiding the attachment? I had to look at the message source before I
realised what Kmail was saving me from reading.

Challenge/response approach to spam at home works fine with them of
course. Athough grepping my pendin folder occaisionally to see if
anything interesting got caught now throws up lines of nonsense.

I was pondering a filter to remove messages with too big a vocabulary,
but then perhaps I don't have the right sort of email correspondents.

An
example is

                echidna massif knee artery disparage ferric eros
                carefree secretariat analyst bacilli ge
                meltwater pharmacist marginalia cashew click enigmatic
assort bismuth philadelphia

could be a haiku or something, but a can't remember how many syllables
they are.

Traditionally 5, 7, 5, so 17 syllables in total, but no one ever lets
traditional stand in the way of a good set of 17 syllables.