Re: [LUG] MP3 Players

On Sunday 21 Dec 2003 4:54 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
> Do most MP3 players present as a file system these days, i.e. work with
> Linux happily?

Don't know - I would have got one, except that most of my titles are now in
.ogg not .mp3!

> Those people who bought USB dongle things will probably find they could
> have got the same with headphone for the same price had they waited a
> month... Progress - I guess.

I'm not sure where I'd use one - I've got XMMS for home, I've got the original
CD for the car and I can't use 'em at work. I've got a CD sized one that
takes CDR's with .mp3 files - it makes a better package overall as it gives
me more music than the batteries can handle! I've only used it on aircraft or
airports so the size isn't an issue.

--

Neil Williams