[LUG] Redhat 9 Apache inconsistent results from external rewrite program

One for the archive.

Redhat 9 ships with httpd_2.0.40-21

If you create an external rewrite map, typically you will get
inconsisent results from using it due to the locking being broken (even
if you remembered to specify RewriteLock).

httpd_2.0.40-21.5 works fine.

I used a Perl rewrite map, and couldn't get it to behave, tried an
upgrade to 2.0.47, but found the RPM dependencies were too much.

Strangely I didn't find this documented anywhere, but Google does read
the DCLUG archive I believe, so hopefully I'll be the last.