Re: [LUG] IBM draws first blood in SCO Linux battle

> Assuming there is any part of SCO IBM actually wants...
>
> > there's no way they'll be able to raise enough cash to pay for bills.
>
> Alternative senario SCO go bankrupt and their executives get sued
> by any third party shareholders.

I would say that their people are probably going to be their greatest asset,
also who knows what realestate they own.
If IBM simply bought the company out then it would have been tantamount to
saying hey guys we're guilty - that wouldn't have done Linux any favours.
I personally think that if SCO lose this court battle, then the counter suit
will bankrupt them - obviously this is only guess work.

If/when they lose, it'll be interesting to see if they face any 'class
actions' for fraudulantly demanding money from companies using Linux. If they
do lose perhaps all the LUGS ought to gang together and see about the
possibilities of a worldwide class action. I'd bet that any company that
bases their buisness on Linux would probably have a case against them for
damages.

Jon