RE: [LUG] suse 9 problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Terence McCarthy
Sent: 08 December 2003 18:46
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] suse 9 problems.

>Previously, when 8.2 came out I downloaded the install disk, pointed at the
site and installed with no >problems, ADSL, printer, sound card, ATI 9000,
et al.

>Terence

Ah yes, just what I was saying. all my hardware with the exception of my
webcam (which I'm not too fussed about) works flawlessly with 8.2.

It just seems odd that my parrellel port wasn't detected and the sound card
not tetected correctly.

It may be due to doing an install insted of an upgrade but as I has 8.2 as
quite a large installation I would need to perform quite a lengthy network
install or download the remaining 3 cd's or have a lot of broken packages.

I don't mind leaving the PC on overnight for a network upgrade but having
the pc in the bedroom tends to get me shouted at by the wife somewhat :-(

Ray