Re: [LUG] suse 9 problems.

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 13:21, Ray smith wrote:

> anyone else had problems ?

I tried the SuSE v9.0 (Live Eval) disk and wasn't impressed as it did a
poor job of auto detecting and setting up XFree86.  To date I've used
every SuSe distro from v6.1 to v8.2.

I know it doesn't help your problems but I've decided to drop Mandrake
as a recent alternative to SuSE and instead, hdd installed Debian
(Knoppix v3.3) on a spare box using the novice's guide at:
              http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html

So far Knoppix has worked like a dream and would recommend it, but as
yet, I have to master apt!  Until then, I'll continue to use Mk. for
daily use on my standalone DT box.

David Bell (Debian convert)
Hatherleigh, Devon