Re: [LUG] Mozilla, Passive file transfer FTP.

John Horne wrote:

> There are specific reasons why passive ftp has been disabled. It will
> not be enabled.

I have to ask - what reasons if it isn't too intrusive...

This has to be the first firewall config to break passive ftp, but not
active, if I've understood the issue correctly.

Does anyone know off hand if IPCOP (or other dedicated firewall does ftp
 with a sensible proxy?)? One site just jumped from roll your own
ipchains to roll your own ipchains emulation under 2.4,and I really want
something a bit more user friendly and easier to audit.

I have a recent IPCOP CD, I just don't have any PC's to hand on which I
feel happy to answer "yes" to the "this will destroy all exising
partitions, ok" question. (Actually lots of old PC's to hand just a
shortage of CDROM drives).