Re: [LUG] NFS, /etc/resolv.conf rather odd connection.

On Friday 07 Nov 2003 7:52 am, Neil Stone wrote:
>> *uses leet copy/paste skills*

Shame on you Neil - that's 6kb of repeated quoting!
(Reminder: Cut is as useful as copy/paste in the overall skill set!!)
:-))

Get thee to the email etiquette Wiki!
http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=email+etiquette
Quoting: have you deleted unnecessary quotes from the original message?

> 0.0.0.0         141.163.75.254  0.0.0.0         UG    0   0   0  eth0
>
> 141.163.75.254 is your default route
>
> In the "Flags" section the "G" is a gateway
>
> RE DNS Issue, see if you can ping each of the nameservers in turn and
> unless you are running your own DNS on the local machine, don't use
> 127.0.0.1 as a nameserver entry.

A default route is a gateway but it is possible to configure more than one
gateway (e.g. one per NIC), but there can only be one default route (IIRC).
(Our resident DNS expert seems to have been remarkably silent during this

Neil Williams
http://www.codehelp.co.uk/
http://www.dclug.org.uk/
http://www.isbn.org.uk/