Re: [LUG] sendfax and jpg graphics

On Saturday 15 November 2003 17:23, Simon Robert wrote:

> Well these guys are still having problems with the communication
> innovation which is the cleft stick. Non informational or not they still
> are really really insistent that their lovely logos are included.

Of course.  Branding is dear to the hearts of those with brands.

If they are taking a colour logo and then writing over it before sending
it via black and white at low dpi then it is going to be difficult to
improve on, but if they are persuaded that having a best possible
rendering of their log and invariant text into black and white offers
_added value_ and writing or putting their typed notes to fax onto plain
paper offers _cost savings_ over handwriting on letterhead and then faxing
it, then something might be gained.

SHort paper is cheaper than A4, so get them to buy short paper, and add
the missing length on top as a cleaned up image held as a file...

Alternatively, it is on to the or-ing of the whole fax against the logo,
isn't it.

Don't think I'm backward, in 1993 when the NHS lcoally decided fax was
super, I chose to add a fax/modem to a 485 and install a monochrome page
scanner rather than buy a mechanical fax machine with the money offered.

So everyone else sent blurry mech-fax and I sent crisp ones never been on
paper, encryption offered, etc etc...

Result, some were rejected because they "were not signed".

So, I did a signature, stored it in the software we used, and had it
automatically added to the faxes.

It meant precisely nothing, and I suspect that most of the people involved
still think that a black and white picture of a signature on a fax proves
that that person signed the original document.

Next year, sticky tape will hit the NHS.

--
Dr Adrian Midgley          I use Free software because it is better
http://www.defoam.net/    They carefully didn't ask.