Re: [LUG] sendfax and jpg graphics

On Saturday 15 November 2003 12:57, Simon Robert wrote:
> this is a fine solution, I must put it to the clients. Doubtless they
> and their customers and suppliers will all be grateful and re-vamp their
> business practices accordingly.

My business of course is not quite the same as every one, and puts a
premium on two things:-

security - confidentiality and certainty
and
high quality legible integrated original records persisting for decades.

Oddly, since the NHS got the facilities to run encrypted email on a
national basis, various parts of our local services have vastly increased
their use of mechanical facsimile transmission of elements of Psychiatric
medical records - few of which have been useful on receipt, and those that
have would have been more surely delivered by person to person voice calls.

But I digress.

> >My mileage on fax is very low, it is a really naff way to move
> >information, and those who insist on adding non-informational elements
> > to it don't help.

I can't change the whole world, so I'll concentrate for the moment on
introducing alternatives to Windows-based software for healthcare,
worldwide.  Then if fax is still around, perhaps I'll persuade people
there are better ways.

--
Dr Adrian Midgley          I use Free software because it is better
http://www.defoam.net/    They carefully didn't ask.