Re: [LUG] Evolution 1.4.0: Questions

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 22:11, Julian Hall wrote

> It already is set to 8859-1 in that setting.  What changes is the
> setting on View -> Character Encoding.

Hello Julian,

Sorry for the delay.  I had to set up my Mandrake installed laptop to
see what settings I had changed with v1.4.4 to overcome this problem. I
use SuSE on my DT Box for normal day to day use.

My settings in Mail Preferences are:

Message fonts: ("Use same fonts ..." deselected)

Standard Font - Book Antiqua 12
Terminal Font - Times New Roman 12

Message Display:

Default Character - iso 8859-1

Hope that this does the trick for you.

Best wishes

David (Cyberkrinklie who can't remember clearly the next day what he
did!)