Re: [LUG] ECDL- Their Help for ECDL

Kai

There is currently a long thread on this list regarding the possibility of
writing some courseware material compatible with ECDL based on Linux .

Try http://www.google.com

>> logistics? Plain english please.
I think if you'd have followed the thread, you might have been able to
work out the meaning of "logistics". Perhaps http://www.oed.com might
help?

>> Via ssh?
er. Yeah. Whatever.

>> Inside track? HEllllloooooooo? Is this sales talk?
Since no one that has so far participated in the thread has expressed an
interest in selling anything to anyone then I doubt it - well, actually,
if I remember correctly, there was initially some talk of selling the
courseware that was produced - perhaps it is a conspiracy by those evil
"salesmen" after all? The meaning of this sentence was to express my
opinion that having someone who represented ECDL participate in the first
Contributor's meeting would be a good thing since they would be able to
offer valuable advice to a team of people wishing the contribute in the
advocacy of Linux through the development of training material developed
to an internationally recognised standard.

I take it from your remarks that you don't wish to participate in this
Open Source Project? No doubt when I and other DCLUG members have got the
project up and running  we'll have our own mailing list and so avoid
offending your sensibilities in future. In the meantime, can I suggest
that you avoid reading any list messages with "ECDL" in the title? - a
suggestion that has already been made in the thread if I remember
correctly.

Mart