Re: [LUG] ECDL- Their Help for ECDL

>> Which is? Can't find any mention of the specific standard :
Read the thread - we've discussed this already. I'll concede that
"standard" may not have been the most accurate term, perhaps
"certification"?

>> Oh this is opensource? What license are you exactly using?
Read the thread - we've discussed this already.

>> Be nice if all ECDL was available on the net to maximise the promotion
of IT skills.
True. Strictly speaking, it already is - there are a number of e-learning
courses available. They aren't OSS though. Unfortunately the Training
Industry is very peculiar beast. I think you'd have difficulty asking any
commercial [training] organisation to participate in OSS certainly when it
comes to ECDL. Where students have to pay to go on a course and to sit
each exam, trainers have to buy the courseware, pay ECDL to sit the
authorisation & certification exams and courseware authors have to pay to
have the material certified as ECDL compliant then you're stuck in a loop
where everything costs money.

>> Show the code and I might contribute in an opensource fashion.
No doubt you'd be very welcome.

Mart