Re: [LUG] Backup servers

On Tuesday 07 Oct 2003 10:06 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 Oct 2003 8:15 pm, Theo P. Zourzouvillys wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 October 2003 8:13 pm, Theo P. Zourzouvillys wrote:
> > > Re: [LUG]
> >
> > hmm, not only did kmail loose half the subject ...
>
> Marks' original email had two To: fields and two subject fields, one blank
> and one used.

Strange. I did send it from a webmail client whilst at work rather than from
Kmail as normal at home. (Nural Storm webmail). I did wonder why I could not
see the subject when I received it even though I was sure I had entered the
subject.

Thanks for the suggestions. With the 10 - 20 minute cron job - would that copy
open files? We have a large number of transactions every day (I work for a
foodservice wholesaler), possibly 100+ lines per invoice on occasion and
loads of invoices during the day - particularly during the summer (if a
system will fail it will fail at the busiest/most awkward time  - to
mis-quote Murphy). It is almost certain that there would be open files at the
time of the cron job.

Many thanks,

Mark

> Subject: [LUG]
> From: Mark Harvey <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LUG] Backup servers
> To: Devon & Cornwall LUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > It also appended the wrong .sig
> >
> > odddage.
>
> That's usually from selecting the wrong identity. This could be related -
> if your list mail usually gets filtered to a specific folder, the email
> with the duplicate To: and Subject: would probably NOT have gone to the
> right folder - mine didn't. When you then reply, KMail will take the
> settings for the other folder which will include a different identity in a
> lot of cases. As this happens automatically, you might not have noticed.
>
> Alex gets a lot of these type emails (I know, I sent 'em!) because the
> other identity often has a different From address configured which doesn't
> match the majordomo subscriber list and the email gets bounced.

For information on Newquay, Cornwall, and the surrounding area:
http://www.Newquay-Plus.co.uk