Re: [LUG] Backup servers

On Tuesday 07 Oct 2003 8:15 pm, Theo P. Zourzouvillys wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2003 8:13 pm, Theo P. Zourzouvillys wrote:
> > Re: [LUG]
>
> hmm, not only did kmail loose half the subject ...

Marks' original email had two To: fields and two subject fields, one blank and
one used.

Subject: [LUG]
From: Mark Harvey <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LUG] Backup servers
To: Devon & Cornwall LUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> It also appended the wrong .sig
>
> odddage.

That's usually from selecting the wrong identity. This could be related - if
your list mail usually gets filtered to a specific folder, the email with the
duplicate To: and Subject: would probably NOT have gone to the right folder -
mine didn't. When you then reply, KMail will take the settings for the other
folder which will include a different identity in a lot of cases. As this
happens automatically, you might not have noticed.

Alex gets a lot of these type emails (I know, I sent 'em!) because the other
identity often has a different From address configured which doesn't match
the majordomo subscriber list and the email gets bounced.

--

Neil Williams