[LUG] Network, RedHat 9 to Win 98 to Mac OS X

Hello Newbie here......

I'm trying to set up a small home network. mainly at this stage to
share an internet connection.

Main computer running Win98 linked to internet via Btopenworld ADSL,
green frog modem..this has to be my main computer for my business.
I've just loaded RedHat 9 on my other computer that I use for
recreation (?).install went like a dream... My son has a Mac far far
away in his room.

I wish to keep Win 98 computer as it is .....link into Linksys
Wireless G Broadband router with a physical network cable from Win98
computer and also RedHat  computer and link via wireless to my sons
Mac far far away in his room.

What can of worms am I opening here ??

Question 1. Keeping Win98 computer as Host avoids problems of trying
to get USB Alcatel modem to join to RJ45 Router ....right ??

Question 2. Will RedHat9 be happy to share the Internet connection
with Win98 computer as host ?

Question 3. Off topic I know but does anybody know if Mac will stomach
the above set up ?

 Opinions on the web as far as I can see vary from impossible to piece
of cake !!

Thanks for any help

Richard