Re: [LUG] school funding and OSS promotion

paul wrote:

> What is the groups current stance on helping schools with any move over to
> OSS and or sun type licences which can save schools cash.  I think advocacy
> is working slowly as long as the message gets through to the right people.

I've tried a total linux solution and it failed due to the fact that
their accounts software runs on Windows, their LEA software runs on
windows and their educational software runs on windows.

They really like OpenOffice, but then that didn't save them any money
since they had most of their MS software without licenses, which is
not the csae now.

Steve